- Reflect the character of God through humanitarian and development activities.
- Actively support communities in need through a portfolio of development activities which are planned and implemented cooperatively.
- Provide assistance in situations of crisis or chronic distress, and work toward the development of long-term solutions with those affected.
- Work through equitable partnerships with those in need to achieve positive and sustainable change in communities
- Build networks which develop indigenous capacity, appropriate technology, and skills at all levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our partners which provide effective channels for mutual growth and action.
- Promote and expand the equitable and participatory involvement of women in the development process.
- Advocate for and assist in the increase use of communities' capacities to care for and responsibly manage the natural resources of their environment
- Facilitate the right and ability of all children to attain their full potential, and to assist in assuring the child's survival to achieve that potential.